Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Happy New year
Jan 5, 2010

Hope you had a fantastic crimbo and New Year Dr. Franscino.

I've only emailed once before something about a George Bush rant - glad he's a distant memory eh - Ha.

Right back to the matter, Im 27 y/o Uk guy and I recently started a serodiscordant relationship - he's a really lovely guy who's accepted me for who I am. I'm constantly becoming paranoid that I'm going to infect him with hiv.

We practice safer sex 100% of the time and I've been undetectable on meds for 2 years - I guess I'm emailing you because it's a bit cathartic (i can see you get tons of this - sorry to add to your inbox)

I am considering ending my relationship because of this and going back into my shell a bit. Sounds a bit silly probably just me atripla tripping getting to me tonight - so none of this probably makes any sense!

Wishing You and your partner well and good new Year

Uk Guy.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey UK Guy,

Actually it's Frascino, not Francisco. So maybe you better stick to Dr. Bob.

As for Dubya, I wish he was just a distant memory. Unfortunately, the consequences of his moronic decisions will continue to haunt this country and world for many years to come. And Cheney, the Dark Lord, seems to have morphed into something reminiscent of a dementor from the Harry Potter series. Still, almost everyone prefers dementors over Cheney.

So now on to your concern. You've found "a really lovely guy who accepts you for who you are" as a positively charged individual. And so you are considering ending your relationship and going back into your shell. What???? Dude, what have you been smoking, Atripla? Your comment, "so none of this probably makes any sense," is the most sensible thing you've written!!!

As you may or may not know, I, too, am the virally enhanced portion of a magnetic coupling. My negative Mr. Wonderful is Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum). He's heaven on a stick. We've been inseparable for over 16 years and legally married for a year. The old adage that "opposites attract" certainly applies to magnetic relationships! Why would you send your Mr. Happily Ever After away? He's accepted you for who you are. Don't you think you should do the same? Accept yourself for who you are! Should you follow through with this really whacked plan, I can assure you that you'll be singing "The One That Got Away" blues for years to come. Don't let HIV ruin your life and chance for true happiness. You and Mr. Right should read through the chapter devoted to magnetic couples in the archives of this forum. Then openly discuss your concerns with him. Communication is key.

Whether you have a "happy new year" is up to you! Steve and I plan on it being epically marvelous!

By the way, I assume crimbo is for those who choose not to celebrate hannukkimbo, right?

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Lipo = hiv
Next
erectile disfunction

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.