Happy New year

Hope you had a fantastic crimbo and New Year Dr. Franscino.

I've only emailed once before something about a George Bush rant - glad he's a distant memory eh - Ha.

Right back to the matter, Im 27 y/o Uk guy and I recently started a serodiscordant relationship - he's a really lovely guy who's accepted me for who I am. I'm constantly becoming paranoid that I'm going to infect him with hiv.

We practice safer sex 100% of the time and I've been undetectable on meds for 2 years - I guess I'm emailing you because it's a bit cathartic (i can see you get tons of this - sorry to add to your inbox)

I am considering ending my relationship because of this and going back into my shell a bit. Sounds a bit silly probably just me atripla tripping getting to me tonight - so none of this probably makes any sense!

Wishing You and your partner well and good new Year

Uk Guy.

Hey UK Guy,

Actually it's Frascino, not Francisco. So maybe you better stick to Dr. Bob.

As for Dubya, I wish he was just a distant memory. Unfortunately, the consequences of his moronic decisions will continue to haunt this country and world for many years to come. And Cheney, the Dark Lord, seems to have morphed into something reminiscent of a dementor from the Harry Potter series. Still, almost everyone prefers dementors over Cheney.

So now on to your concern. You've found "a really lovely guy who accepts you for who you are" as a positively charged individual. And so you are considering ending your relationship and going back into your shell. What???? Dude, what have you been smoking, Atripla? Your comment, "so none of this probably makes any sense," is the most sensible thing you've written!!!

As you may or may not know, I, too, am the virally enhanced portion of a magnetic coupling. My negative Mr. Wonderful is Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum). He's heaven on a stick. We've been inseparable for over 16 years and legally married for a year. The old adage that "opposites attract" certainly applies to magnetic relationships! Why would you send your Mr. Happily Ever After away? He's accepted you for who you are. Don't you think you should do the same? Accept yourself for who you are! Should you follow through with this really whacked plan, I can assure you that you'll be singing "The One That Got Away" blues for years to come. Don't let HIV ruin your life and chance for true happiness. You and Mr. Right should read through the chapter devoted to magnetic couples in the archives of this forum. Then openly discuss your concerns with him. Communication is key.

Whether you have a "happy new year" is up to you! Steve and I plan on it being epically marvelous!

By the way, I assume crimbo is for those who choose not to celebrate hannukkimbo, right?

Good luck!

Lipo = hiv
erectile disfunction