Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Ended relationship with positive partner...tested negative..still have symptoms!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER.
Jan 3, 2010

January of 2008 I had unprotected anal and oral sex with my bf many times. I was the bottom. That same month he tested positive. I was tested in June (rapid test, full blood test and the test that eliminates the window period?) and tested NEGATIVE. After June we only practiced safe sex (not including oral) but rarely had anal sex. In October, November and December i tested negative with a rapid test. We are no longer together but I have one swollen lymph node in my neck and just generally feel like I am not 100% health for some reason. I am tired of getting tested and it controlling my life. Is it my mind causing these feelings/sore throat/lymph node or could I actually be positive. Thankyou so much.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests beyond the six-month window period are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. I can't diagnose the cause of your "one swollen lymph node" over the Internet, but I can tell you with certainty what is not causing it: It's not HIV! Follow up with your general medical doctor for evaluation of the swollen lymph node and "not feeling 100% healthy." Remember, HIV is not the cause!

Happy 2010.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HOW SAFE AM I DOC?
Next
I just received your formal "thank-you" letter in my mail.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.