Ended relationship with positive partner...tested negative..still have symptoms!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER.

January of 2008 I had unprotected anal and oral sex with my bf many times. I was the bottom. That same month he tested positive. I was tested in June (rapid test, full blood test and the test that eliminates the window period?) and tested NEGATIVE. After June we only practiced safe sex (not including oral) but rarely had anal sex. In October, November and December i tested negative with a rapid test. We are no longer together but I have one swollen lymph node in my neck and just generally feel like I am not 100% health for some reason. I am tired of getting tested and it controlling my life. Is it my mind causing these feelings/sore throat/lymph node or could I actually be positive. Thankyou so much.

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests beyond the six-month window period are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. I can't diagnose the cause of your "one swollen lymph node" over the Internet, but I can tell you with certainty what is not causing it: It's not HIV! Follow up with your general medical doctor for evaluation of the swollen lymph node and "not feeling 100% healthy." Remember, HIV is not the cause!

Happy 2010.

HOW SAFE AM I DOC?
I just received your formal "thank-you" letter in my mail.