Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HOW SAFE AM I DOC?
Jan 3, 2010

Hi doc, This may sound stupid but kindly take it the way it is, i had sex with a guy who is HIV+ that was viginal, we DID use condom, BUT before sex he put condom the wrong way and later turned it the correct way, unfortunately the TIP of the condom had touched his pre-cum and immediately he penetrated in my viginal with it. still he fingered me i don't know whether he had pre-cum on his fingers or not. He then told me to be on TOP of him instead of him being on top of me. sex lasted for about 4 to 5 minutes, do you think after climax his sperms got in my viginal since i was on him?. i did check the condom was ok, and nothing like sperms came out of me, but after seven days something less than a drop of sperms came out of my body. im thinking i got hiv because two hours after sex my stomach was hurting like contraction and it stopped when the small amount of pre-cum came out of me after seven days. I have HERPES VIRUS, do you think i have HIV now? and why did that small amount of pre-cum hanged in there for 7 days? Infact two weeks after sex my herpes started breaking, i'm now having under the cheek tonsils, and it's now 17 days after the incident. do you think it's hiv symptoms?..kindly i can't sleep, please DOC, answer me, i'll truly appreciate adose of true telling. also i wonna donate $100, how can i do it with a visa card, please explain. Thanks very kindly. NC.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

The risk of acquiring HIV from the activities you describe is negligible at best, assuming the condom did not break.

Symptoms that begin two hours after sex would not be related to HIV. HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) symptoms become manifest two to three weeks after primary HIV infection. Not hours! Whatever came out of your "viginal" seven days after sex, it was not "sperms!" Your symptoms are not consistent with or suggestive of HIV disease.

If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to shake your worries, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Thank you for your desire to make a donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org). For credit card donations, just enter the requested information on the Web site.

Be well. Stay well. Happy 2010.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Can you still have neuro-syphilis, but test negative for syphilis test (blood)?
Next
Ended relationship with positive partner...tested negative..still have symptoms!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.