Unprotected Oral Sex Very Very Very Scared.....

Hello Dr. Frascino, First of all lemmi congratulate you on the good work you're doing on this site, with all the gloom surrounding HIV, its nice once in a while to find a forum filled sarcasm, wit and the all so comforting youre not alone when it comes to messing up type of feeling and to top it all up an handsome doctor to boot. May the Good Lord bless you abundantly :-). Now onto my mess-up, I recently traveled to an African Country specifically Kenya on a work related trip which Im currently winding up. Three weeks ago I decided to visit a Strip Club in Nairobi and did one of the most stupidest things I've ever done in my entire life, I think this should go into the Guinness book of records with my picture under stupid/moron , I got two strippers to do a lap dance for me and then I guess due to my intoxication (had taken and was taking a lot of beer) I took both of them back to my hotel room and let one of them perform unprotected fellatio on me which involved a lot of saliva and can't remember whether there was any blood in her saliva. The blow Job lasted for about 10 minutes and I came in her mouth but afterwards we didn't have any sex, I actually paid both of them and they left. Four days after the incidence, when washing I noticed a non-itchy rash with white pimples/zits so to speak on the upper side of my back and a small red very itchy zit on my left leg, I also developed a severe cold and a nasty sore throat both of which I have up-to now and the lymph node under my chin and the other two on my neck are also inflamed and slightly painful. My upper lip developed a big red non itchy zit, which is still there and its surrounded by a small circular raised area. My tongue has also developed some snow white stuff at the back and I've also seen some raised red bumps back on the back of my tongue and my d**k has been itching like crazy of late. I immediately called my doctor in the states, when all the above started happening and she scheduled an Elisa Test for me at the beginning of Feb next year, a rapid test as soon as I returned home, a general blood work test at the end of march next year to test for any STI's and also a shrink appointment to ease my anxiety. She also referred me to this site in case I had any queries. Anyway to cut the long story short Doc lemmi ask:- 1) Do the symptoms (pimple on my lip, non itchy white rash on the upper side of my back, severe cold, swollen lymph nodes et al) I've described above sound like seroconversion to you? 2) I currently have a UTI infection which I did have during the incident; did it put me at an increased risk of contracting HIV or any STI for that matter? 3) I know youve probably been asked this a million times but please do answer me, did the blowjob put me at risk of contracting HIV or any other STI especially seeing that I was in a country with a very high HIV prevalence rate (ironically I knew this) and also seeing it was done by a sex worker (not trying to say Im holier than thou)? 4) And finally doc I also playfully fingered one of the girls during the lap dance and lets say I had a hangnail would this by any chance lead me to getting HIV? Please Doc do respond as quick as possible because Im going crazy out here in the tropics and I was nearly knocked down by a car the other day due to this. Im scheduled to fly out next week and I would like prepare myself to survive the next one month before the Elisa test, coz I doubt Ill take the rapid test and ohh another thing Ive seen many questions talking about donations how do I go about it, because Ive realized no one is really invincible to HIV and also what do you think of Barry O's healthcare plan, me likes its. Thank you for your time. Dumb, Bitter, Scared and Extremely Worried democrat fellow.

Hello Dumb, Bitter, Scared and Extremely Worried Democrat Fellow,

1. No.

2. Probably not, but it would depend on the type and severity of the UTI.

3. You are correct: I have been asked the same question millions of times. Just take a read through the chapter in the archives of this forum devoted to oral sex for proof! My answer is always the same: Oral sex, particularly insertive oral sex, carries a minimal risk for HIV acquisition. Other STDs can be more readily transmitted or acquired via oral sex. Don't fret about your lapse in judgment (or two lapses in judgment, since you hooked up with a pair of hookers!). It's a well-established scientific fact that God gave man both a brain and a tallywhacker, but only enough blood to run one at a time.

4. No, assuming the hangnail was not an open bleeding wound.

5. Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org). Thank you for your interest in making a tax-deductible donation to help others in desperate need. I, too, feel strongly that we need health care reform ASAP!

6. As for the Guinness Book of Records "Stupid Moron" title, sorry, but you don't even come close to qualifying. Dubya holds that title and I doubt anyone will top him for sheer and absolute stupidity ever!

Good luck. Be well. Happy 2010.

Naive choice - Prezista (Norvir boosted) + Isentress / CNS penetration
Made small donation to exchange some peacefulness