saliva & the mucous membrane

Hi, I work in healthcare and recently I got a small amount of saliva from an HIV+ patient in my eye. Should I be concerned? Because right now I'm kind of terrified. Thanks.

No, you should not be concerned. Saliva that does not contain visible blood is not considered a risk for HIV transmission. However, since you "work in healthcare," you should report all occupational exposures or potential exposures to blood-borne pathogens (hepatitis, HIV) to your occupational health division. They will fill out an incident report, evaluate the severity of the exposure and advise you if any testing or post-exposure prophylaxis is warranted. From the limited information presented in your post, the most that would be recommended would be an HIV-antibody tests outside the window period.

Good luck. Happy Holidays.

do you have the guts to comment on this?
Can a Christmas donation get me a response?