Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Does it not show up during window period?
Dec 23, 2009

Hello Doc, I was exposed 14months back (by oral sex) and from the last four months I have got myself checked 11times and its all been negative. But, I was also diagnosed for mollasscum 9viral infection) seven months back and it got cured on august 22nd. It has not reappeared after that. Now, my question is, is there any possibility of my HIV status not showing up all these months since I had this viral infection. Does it take years to show up if some one had a sexually transmitted disease? Please advise. I live in fear.

thanks a lot.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You've had 11 negative HIV tests within the past four months??? YIKES. Your repeatedly negative test results are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and highly excessive! Exactly which part of "HIV negative" are you having difficulty understanding? Molluscum contagiosum is a very common viral skin infection. The majority of cases have nothing to do with HIV/AIDS. Folks with deficient or suppressed immune systems may have more severe bouts of molluscum, which are not only more extensive than usual, but also more difficult to treat. This certainly was not the case with your bout of molluscum.

Molluscum contagiosum does not affect the accuracy or validity of HIV test results, nor does it change the duration of the window period. Relax Max. You're fine!

Dr. Bob

Previous
please help....it can be my christmas present :)
Next
CHRISTMAS PRESENT........Pretty Please Santa!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.