thank you for saving my life.

i just wanted to tell you that your attitude toward being hiv pos has helped me get past the suicide stage.i was recently diagnosed with aids.cd4 80 vl 77,000.i was hospitalized numerous times with mersa staff infection.so many times in one year i got to know the er docs and nurses by name.my last visit the doc talked me into signing papers for hiv test.needless to say i was rocked.i walked out of the hospital and said f--- it,its over.well the doc tracked me down and help me get treatment even with no insurance,and he gave me this site.i have read everything you have posted and you have giving me hope.im still new to all this only diagnosed in 7-3-09 i know i have a lot to learn and probably a lot of sickness before i get better.but by reading your answears to some of these outrages questions that people ask make me laugh and now a days, a laugh is worth a million bucks.i wish i had money to donate but i have not worked in months.i can however donate my time.if you have any chairty work that needs done in miami florida i would love to give back.agine dr. bob thank you so much for helping me wanting to live....

Kudos to the doc who tracked you down, helped get you started on treatment, and steered you to this site. Thank you for writing in. Your post made my day. And, mind you, I was having a rather spectacular day even before reading your comments!

Please know you are not alone. There are 34,000,000 others traveling the HIV highway right along side you, including me! Suicide is never the answer. Consider this: If I had decided to commit hari-kari when the virus found me in January 1991, I wouldn't be here today answering all the zany questions that have brought the smile back to your face. (Speaking of wacky questions, have you voted for the "Strangest but Truest Posts of 2009?" You can link to the survey of looney-tunes questions from The Body's homepage.)

Your next step in learning to cohabitate with HIV is to learn more about HIV and its treatment. This Web site has a wealth of information. You also need to link up with an HIV specialist with whom you can work cooperatively.

Thanks for your willingness to help with our foundation's work. I'll keep you posted if we need extra help in Miami.

Remember, you are not alone. Let's get through this together, OK? I'm here if you need me.

Inconclusive Hep C result
Lipodystrophy/atrophy