Inconclusive Hep C result

I am HIV+ on meds, CD4 600+ VL undetectable. I have only had bareback sex once in the last year since my last hep c test which was negative. However, I am on Accutane which from my last results and these has increased my liver results as you can imagine.

Could the accutane have anything to do with the result, I am away from home and cannot get back to the clinic until the new year to get re-tested and as you can imagine this is playing on my mind significantly.

Many thanks and donation on way, thanks for your hard work and support to us all,

Hello Garry,

I'm not sure what you mean by an "inconclusive Hep C result?" There are a number of different tests used to evaluate hepatitis C, each with its own limitations regarding interpretation. What's important to point out is that "inconclusive" is not hepatitis C "positive." There are a variety of things that may confound various tests. (I doubt your Accutane is the cause.) Your hepatitis C acquisition risk is very low (one episode of commando-Rambo-bareback sex). Consequently, the statistical odds are all in your favor that you do not have hepatitis C.

Try not to worry. (Worrying won't change anything anyway.) Enjoy the Holidays and then get reevaluated in January.

Good luck!

FREAKING OUT over slip in judgement
thank you for saving my life.