Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Update from Broken Condom in Bangkok Guy (September)
Dec 21, 2009

Update on Broken Condom in Bangkok Guy!

Hi Dr Bob, As promised just writing back with to say thanks for your support and answering my first post on the subject back in September. Well the 3 months is up and I had the results and its woo hoos all round. Thank you so much for you kind words of support, important advice and reassurance back when the incident happened.

I would just like to provide this feedback to anyone else who has had a genuine / proper exposure through a sexual encounter or otherwise. Not just slipping on a used condom in the street or touching the breast of a stripper in the strip joint because you may have had a cut on your finger and she could have been lactating :-)!

1) Always tell your partner what you have done and what the possible consequences are. People use the counter argument it just relieves your own guilt. Not true, how guilty would you feel if you never told them and passed on HIV how would you feel then. I told my wife and sure enough it wasnt pleasant but she eventually forgave me and although we had to use condoms for the first time ever, I knew I had done the right thing and positive or negative I would have to cope with the consequences of my error but I wouldnt have passed it on. 2) Try not to think about it I know its hard but during your 3 month wait you can have just about every symptom in the book, I did! But symptoms mean nothing its all down to the wire whilst you wait for your results 3) Learn from your mistakes we are all human and I am sure that 80% of the people on this forum blame it on I was drunk. Well in our case I made a promise to my wife that the only time I would go out and get wrecked was when we were together!

Anyway lecture over from a guy thats been there done that and got the T shirt and hell do I not want to do it again

Thanks a million Bob and I hope you and your partner have a great Christmas and a Happy Christmas too to all of the readers of this excellent Forum! Martin

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Martin,

Thanks for taking the time to write back and share your newfound insights. WOO-HOO!

Be well. Stay well. Noel!

Dr. Bob

Previous
A spoon full of green tea makes the antibodies stay down?
Next
hemopurifier???

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.