Fear of HIV has taken over my life - pls help

Hi Dr.Bob As the title suggest I have become a nervous wreck and am on the verge of quitting my job. I constantly fear about HIV after an unprotected frottage and semi insertion with a sex worker. I have tested negative on ELISA at 7 and 9 months, but despite the results I feel weak and sick. My stomach does not feel good most of the day with excess gas. Is this a case of delayed sero conversion. Should I require any further testing ? I beg your guidance as I am left with no confidence. This incidence has changed my life forever. Please help me. God Bless

Semi insertion. Semi insertion? Semi. Insertion. Nope. No matter how I say it, write it or read it . . . that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Dude, the tallywhacker is either in the love canal or not. However, whether in or out doesn't really matter in your particular case, because your negative ELISA tests at seven and nine months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV testing is warranted!

As for your "excess gas," I can't diagnose the cause over the Internet. However, I can with absolute confidence advise you what's not causing it: It's not HIV!

"Is this a case of delayed seroconversion?" No, silly boy. You accurately diagnosed your real problem in the title of your post: "Fear of HIV has taken over my life"! Your problem is not HIV; it's "fear" of HIV. If my reassurance and the overwhelming evidence of your negative HIV tests out to nine months are not sufficient for you to shake your completely unwarranted worries, I'd recommend you get counseling (psychotherapy) to help you confront your totally irrational fears. That you are "on the verge of quitting (your) job" over an illness that you could not possibly have suggests to me that you need psychiatric/psychological help.

Good luck! Remember, HIV is not your problem.

Follow up test results
symptoms never go away...