Pulled out before ejaculation, can I get HIV?

Hi Doc, Here is the situation. I had a 10 min sexual encounter which involved deep kissing, licking (no rimming) and then i inserted by penis (bareback) in him and then pulled out last minute. I dont have HIV (i was tested 2 weeks ago) but i am not sure about the other guy. ( i am stupid, I know, should have asked him before i did him but i dint)..lesson learned. But the problem is, this happened in the morning and then i didnt took shower until 7 hours as I was on the road for most part. Now I am getting almost crazy and wanted to consult with you because I cant do much about it ( other than getting tested) but for that I have to wait 4 weeks....Any help?

"Any help?" Sure, I'll try, because it seems to me you could use the advice! You are harboring several misunderstandings!

You state: "I don't have HIV (I was tested 2 weeks ago) but I am not sure about the other guy. (I am stupid, I know, should have asked him before I did him, but I dint.)" Dude, even if a playmate strapped a lie detector on his Mr. Happy, I would't believe his claims of being HIV negative! Remember, 20% of the over-one-million HIV-infected Americans have absolutely no idea they are "positive charged!" Besides, your Brokeback Mountain wam-bam-thank-you-Sam broke Dr. Bob's two cardinal rules!

Dr. Bob's cardinal rule #1: We must always assume our sex partners could be "virally enhanced" and hence take all the necessary precautions (latex or polyurethane condoms) to prevent transmission of the virus.

Dr. Bob's cardinal rule #2: Always remember Dr. Bob's cardinal rule #1.

Another misunderstanding has to do with pulling out for the big O (would that be called "f**kus interruptus"?) . This does not protect you as the "top gun" from HIV infection.

As for not taking a shower for seven hours after your bareback morning nookie, that's just icky, but not really relevant to HIV risk. A post-nookie shower does not wash away HIV risk!

Finally, as for your plans for a four-week test, that wouldn't be all that helpful. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive or conclusive. I'd suggest you wait and get only the three-month test.

It appears you have much to learn about HIV transmission/acquisition risk, as well as HIV testing. I'd suggest you spend some time (considerable time) reviewing the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on the related links. It just might save your life.

Crhsitmas Donation has Left the Building -- with Elvis -- Please look at last question.
Vaacinations vs CD4 count