Dr says I shoulda taken Pep, I screwed up,is it too late (INCOMPETENT DOCTOR, 2009)

Dear Dr Bob Thanks for your last reply.Im the guy that refused to take pep due to a kiss when my Dr told me to.I agreed with your answer when I read it but just recently he got my wife and I worked up when he saw a rash on my hands.At first it was an irritation on my thumb joint that iched which I thought was just a mosquito bite.But then the same thing happened on my other fingure joint and on the web of my fingures on my other hand.All this from a kiss? it's been 3 weeks since that kiss.I went to see my dentist and she says I have a few ulcers in my mouth and one tooth seems to bleed even without brushing.Am I going to be an addition to that rare case of kissing?Should I ask that girl who kissed me to go for a test?She'd proberbly laugh at me.This is crazy I'm not even sleeping with my wife to avoid infecting her.Oh God what's this itch I got?Some guys in this forum say ARS rash may itch others say it doesnt. Is my Dr just trying to scare me?

Hello OMG!-Guy,

You do not need PEP! Rather, what you need is a more competent physician! Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. Your rash is not at all consistent with HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). Your dental/oral problems are not HIV-related!

"Are (you) going to be an addition to the rare case of kissing?" No, absolutely not. You are going to be added to the ever growing number of cases of incompetent doctors scaring the bejesus out of their patients for absolutely no reason!

Should you ask your gal-pal to get an HIV test? No. There is no reason whatsoever. And yes, she would laugh at you.

"This is crazy, I'm not even sleeping with my wife to avoid infecting her." I agree it is "crazy," because you can't infect her with something you don't have!

"Oh God, what's this itch?" Unfortunately, I can't diagnose the cause of an itch over the Internet. If it's bothering you, see a dermatologist.

"Is my Dr. just trying to scare me"??? BINGO!!! In fact, he's not "trying to" scare you, he actually is scaring you. I strongly urge you to fire him immediately! Find a more competent physician. (You shouldn't have to look very far for someone more competent than the whack-job you're currently seeing!)

OMG, My Dr says I need PEP, please help? Dec 14, 2009

Hi Dr Bob

I had gone through your forum before seeing my doctor and now I don't know what to believe.Ok here's my situation.All I did was go out with a couple of friends and after a few drinks my female friend decided to kiss me on the lips.It was her idea of a joke but I quickly moved away just as her lips and tounge touched my open mouth coz I'm married.My concern was that I know for certain that she has alot of unprotected sex (just aborted a child from a guy she hardly knew) and I have gingivitis where my gums were bleeding slightly at the time.Thats it,thats my risk and now my doctor says I need pep saying its better to be safe than sorry and that we don't know if she had bleeding gums also.I refused to take the pep but now I'm thinking I'm in denial.I have not told my wife about this and we are trying for a baby coz my wife wants one badly.Do I have to wait now for 3 months and tell her we cant have a baby yet?I cant believe this is happening to me, I swear Doc her lips and tounge touched my open mouth for maybe a second or two.Could blood from her bleeding gums come into contact with my sores? I know her saliva got on my mouth but blood I have no idea, who knows. Help me Doc,your my only hope.

P.S How do I donate to this site? thanks.

Your doctor says you need PEP due to a kiss??? OMG!! OMG!!! My strong advice is that you do not take his advice. PEP is not warranted. No way. No how!

Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. HIV testing is not warranted. There is no reason to postpone the baby-making!

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stop worrying. Happy Holidays!

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!
Grabbing of my Ring-a-ding-ding by a Drag Queen while clubbing