Hiv2?

Hi doctor: Earlier today I went to my doctor for the results of a physical and was told that I was hiv1 negative but hiv2 reactive. He told me not to worry and took more blood and told me to call back on Friday. I have never had sexual intercourse but have had oral sex maybe 3 times since my last negative test in September. I am a gay man by the way. The oral sex involved no ejaculation in the mouth each time. Should I be worried or can I just move on? It's really bothering me. I am really shocked and nervous. Help!

Your HIV-2 acquisition risk is extremely remote (essentially nonexistent). The reactive HIV-2 was most likely a preliminary test. I'm confident the more specific confirmatory test will confirm you are HIV-2 negative. Write back and let us know your result.

Good luck. Be well. Happy Holidays.

Sex Workers = Infection??
Thank you from Oberlin Bill!