Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sex Workers = Infection??
Dec 19, 2009

Dear Dr. Bob,

I have 6 years having sexual relations with sex workers (100 in 6 years). Vaginal and Anal Sex protected, without condom breakage. Unprotected insertive and receptive oral sex (I could have any open hurt in my lips or theet), and fingering (with fingernails). I had my las HIV test 12 months ago, and donate blood 4 months ago.

A doctor said me that in a near future I will be infected because sex workers = infection.

Is this theory right??

Thanks.

I love you baby. :).

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your doctor is suffering from a common medical malady called craino-rectal-inversion. That's a fancy way of saying he has his head up his butt.

I do not agree that sex workers = infection! The majority of folks who are living with HIV did not contract it from sex workers! They got it from having unsafe sex! That's the risk. It's not whom you have sex with that counts; it's how you have sex! HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. That said, statistics show that the more partners someone has, the greater likelihood they will screw up and contract an STD (including HIV). This is really just common sense and is a population-based statistic. It doesn't really apply to an individual situation. For instance, a person having safe sex with 100 hookers is at less risk for HIV than a person having unsafe sex with 10.

Continue to play safe to stay safe.

Happy Holidays. Love you too!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Mate would appreciate your answer ( NOT IN ARCHIVES)
Next
Hiv2?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.