pls answer am in cameroon. started pep already

Hi Doc Just want to thank you very much for the great job you are doing. My ex-girl friend has been confirm HIV +, for some years now. 2weeks back we went out together for a drink and clubbing, by the time we were coming back it was already too late for her to go to her place so she had to sleep with me. She took off her cloths and remains only with her pant and same with me. We did not have sex of any form except of the fact that she sucked my right index finger with her mouth. But we played the body rubbing for quite some time i.e. say 20 minutes, and I was occasionally inside her two legs but with both our pants on. Then out of a sudden as I was trying to touch her, she said she was menstruating, I touch the pant and felt the part she had on. She also used her bare hands to rub my pennies around her breast. And I also did rub her breast with my bare hands forgetting I had a small cut that was still fresh on my right tom, milk didnt come out of the breast. The next day I did not boarder because I thought we didnt have sex. Until about 40hours later that a friend doctor advice me to take pep. He gave me as 1st aid 3 tablets of NEVILAST-30. Then as I went down to the hospital I was given triomune -30 to continue with. Now 2wks after I have had a small rash on my penis and sore throat that has lasted for 3days. - So doc can this be as a result of HIV. - Do you recommend testing? Is it possible for some of the menstrual blood to suck through her part, pant and then my pant and infect me? -can some one start pep with nevilast -30 for the 1st day and then continue but with triomune -30 I am presently in Cameroon and will like to make a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Pls, answer.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely remote at best. From the information provided, I would not have recommended a course of PEP. Rather, I would have advised you get a three-month HIV-antibody test.

Nevilast and Triomune-30 both contain lamivudine (3TC), stavudine (d4T) and nevirapine. The difference is that Nevilast contains 40 mg of stavudine while Triomune-30 contains 30 mg of stavudine. This combination can be used for PEP; however, I believe there are safer and better alternative regimens available. There is no problem in switching from Nevilast on day one to Triomune-30 for the remainder of your PEP treatment.

HIV testing is warranted for anyone who has had an HIV exposure significant enough to warrant a course of post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP). Post-PEP HIV testing is recommended at six weeks, three months and six months from the date of potential HIV exposure. You can read much more about HIV risk and PEP in the archives of this forum.

Thank you for your desire to make a donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive post-PEP HIV tests remain negative.

Good luck. Happy Healthy Holidays.

Dont know what to think?
The accuracy of OraQuick/Orasure? Cant even mini woo hoo?? (RELIABILITY OF ORAQUICK ORAL TESTS, 2009)