Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dont know what to think?
Dec 14, 2009

Hi Dr Bob,

I had unprotective sex with a women in 1993. a few weeks later she told me that was involved with a man who was pos. The news hit me hard! Every since then I had mild to moderate Fatigue. I am sleepy during the work & fall asleep easy early evening. I have been tested a number of times throughout the years. Antibodies tests & one DNA test. The results were all neg. The women in 1993 also show me her neg test . I been dating my girlfriend for about 3 yrs. We are getting married in the near future. We have a 6 mos old baby together! We are very happy with him! The last few months has been having the same kind of fatigue, so I worry about her & the babys health. Have you ever seen someone go that long without detection? I have been treated for depression & Sleep disorders. Mix results. Happy Holidays Jim would like to donate

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Have I ever seen someone test HIV positive after 16 years who has tested HIV negative "a number of times throughout the years," including a qualitative HIV DNA PCR??? No, absolutely not! Your negative tests are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted!

Your fatigue is most likely related to your depression and sleep disorder, both of which are often associated with considerable fatigue. One thing is absolutely and unequivocally certain: HIV is not the cause!

Thank you for your desire to make a tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated during this holiday season.

Be well. Stop worrying about HIV.

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Previous
i need your help urgent !!!!please respond
Next
pls answer am in cameroon. started pep already

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.