hepatitis shots and tested negative approximately a month later

Sorry for bothering again. Donation will be coming soon, I promise. My question is this; I tested HIV neg. 1 year 3 months later (no other exposures whatsoever). My good dr recommended at the beginning of me seeing him out of fear that i might have acquired hiv that i get hepatitis shots. the nurse applied them on me as indicated, i guess...five in total at different time periods. after a month of receiving the last shots i asked the nurse, so now what? do i need to test to see if i have antibodies for hepatitis? she said, yes. well, to make a long story short, the test came back negative even though i have been vaccinated with the virus. By the way, is hepatitis a virus? so I am concerned that if I were to have HIV that my body may not have produced antibodies to it in this time frame, 1 year, 3 months. ( of course i have also had 4 or 5 pcr both dna/rna in the course of the first 6 months) For sure the hepatitis "virus" was in my system since i received the injections ...so why is the test negative? This is so complicated. by the way. welcome back and thank you for existing. I have told so many people about your site, even my doctor. He knows of you. He is awesome but I didn't ask him anything because he is convinced that i don't have hiv and i don't want to sound so crazy, you know.

hope to hear from you soon and be well

Yes, hepatitis is a virus.

Hepatitis vaccinations don't always take. (I had to be revaccinated before my body developed protective antibodies to hepatitis B.) This doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your immune system. Talk to your doctor. If indeed you have not developed protective anti-hepatitis antibody levels following appropriate vaccination, you should simply try again and be revaccinated.

Your fears about HIV are completely unwarranted. Vaccination and actual infection with a virus are two very different situations, even though they both produce anti-virus antibodies. Your negative HIV-antibody tests are conclusive, definitive and WOO-HOO-able. This is confirmed by your "4 or 5 PCR both DNA/RNA over the course of the first 6 months." Remember, quantitative PCR RNA and qualitative PCR DNA do not rely on antibody production. These tests assay for a piece of the virus's genetic material.

Please send my best wishes to your doctor!

Happy Healthy Holidays to you both.

Be well. Stay well. Noel?

Simple Question - Please Help
Imusil (OXYGEN CURE, IMUSIL, 2009)