possible criminal transmission risk

I just had another panic attack over a terrifying situation.

I am a college student and I found a flash drive left on the library PC. I took it because I needed it I am afraid that someone laced it with HIV tainted fluid and then relied on the sharp handle used to open it would cut the person. I did not see visible fluids on it and it must've been at least 30 minutes to an hour since the person left it. I did not suffer any cuts on my fingers when I was trying to open it but I had old scratch marks on my fingers which were at least a day old. They were very superficial scratch marks which were NOT OPEN WOUNDS. Also the handle that you have to slide to open is rough and it hurts your fingers. That is what I am afraid of.

I am totally losing my mind and losing all self control.

There was ABSOLUTELY NO BLOOD OR FLUIDS WHATSOEVER. I DID NOT FEEL ANY WETNESS AT ALL. I did not see any stains either. What scares me is that this dude looks like a sinister sociopath with a low IQ. I fear him. I am afriad that he tainted the flash drive and then managed to remove most of the fluid but leaving enough for adequate transfer OR he somehow managed to taint it in a way that DID NOT FEEL WET.

Is this possible?

"Possible criminal transmission"??? Correct me if I'm wrong but you're the one that stole the flash drive. Wouldn't that make you the criminal?

Your fears are completely unwarranted. The HIV risk via stolen flash drive is nonexistent.

You state: "What scares me is that this dude looks like a sinister sociopath with a low IQ." Dude? What dude??? And how does one determine IQ and sociopath status via visual inspection??

You also state: "I am totally losing my mind and losing all self control." I absolutely agree! I'd suggest you contact the student health service or your private doctor to get psychological help for your totally irrational and completely unwarranted fears. Anti-anxiety medication and counseling (psychotherapy) may well be helpful.

Finally, return the flash drive and stop stealing stuff!

URGENT: sex with a transsexual sex worker
Curious about risk