What should I do with my life...

Hello Dr. Bob,

I'm a first year college student, and I am very scared. I had sex with someone who I found online about a year ago. All we did was oral sex for a long time. I sucked him and he sucked me as well. I'm scared because my lymph nodes are swollen.

If I get diagnosed with HIV, what should I do? How should I approach my parents? And finally, getting an education in the States is very expensive and I am from a foreign country. Should I stop with my education and work at a factory back home?

I'm so scared......

B

You had oral sex with a dude you found in cyberspace a year ago. Why are you freaking out now? A simple HIV rapid test taken 3 months or longer from the date of your hook-up would give you a definitive answer about your HIV status in as few as 20 minutes! You're worried about how to tell your parents you're infected? You're also considering quitting college and going to work in a factory "back home"??? Dude, don't you think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself here??? You haven't even taken an HIV test yet!!! First things first. Get tested. The chances are excellent you did not contract HIV from the one-time cyber-fling! If by some extremely unlikely occurrence you are HIV infected, write back and we'll discuss next steps, OK? In the meantime, check out the archives of this forum. We have an entire chapter devoted to oral sex!

Be well.

pain in testicles
URGENT: sex with a transsexual sex worker