The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

What should I do with my life...

Dec 14, 2009

Hello Dr. Bob,

I'm a first year college student, and I am very scared. I had sex with someone who I found online about a year ago. All we did was oral sex for a long time. I sucked him and he sucked me as well. I'm scared because my lymph nodes are swollen.

If I get diagnosed with HIV, what should I do? How should I approach my parents? And finally, getting an education in the States is very expensive and I am from a foreign country. Should I stop with my education and work at a factory back home?

I'm so scared......


Response from Dr. Frascino


You had oral sex with a dude you found in cyberspace a year ago. Why are you freaking out now? A simple HIV rapid test taken 3 months or longer from the date of your hook-up would give you a definitive answer about your HIV status in as few as 20 minutes! You're worried about how to tell your parents you're infected? You're also considering quitting college and going to work in a factory "back home"??? Dude, don't you think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself here??? You haven't even taken an HIV test yet!!! First things first. Get tested. The chances are excellent you did not contract HIV from the one-time cyber-fling! If by some extremely unlikely occurrence you are HIV infected, write back and we'll discuss next steps, OK? In the meantime, check out the archives of this forum. We have an entire chapter devoted to oral sex!

Be well.

Dr. Bob

pain in testicles
URGENT: sex with a transsexual sex worker

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint