Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Christmas Wish. Please Santa Robert?
Dec 13, 2009

Hello and happy Holidays. Here's my problem. I work with a person who has hiv. We were gift wrapping with a little sewing scissors.. Well, he cut himself on it (just a little prick..that's what she said.. anyway) and then about two hours later I cut myself on the same scissors. How long does hiv survive on things like this. I can't seem to find a straight answer. Also I didn't really see any blood on the scissors so it would have been a small amount. Should I test to be sure or should I let this go. Is a couple hours enough to say FOR SURE it would not be a risk.. This is my only xmas wish Dr. Bob..Please help me? God Bless

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

How could I turn down your only Xmas wish??? But I always wonder why questioners want "straight answers" from the gay HIV cyber-sexpert. Nonetheless, here ya go sweetie. Your HIV risk is completely nonexistent. If HIV were that easy to transmit, it would have wiped out the entire population (or at least the entire gift-wrapping department at Macy's) long ago.

Be well. Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Previous
REALLY I WILL DIE IF YOU DO NOT RESPOND!! 3rd TIME I ASK.
Next
sustiva and pulsitile tinnitus

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.