Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sex with maggots
Dec 11, 2009

Hello Dr. Bob,

How are you?

My question is like this:

Recently on my visit to india i had sex with a high risk CSW. During intercourse in doggy style i found the lower base of her vagina (base towards the anus) had some white round objects. On closer inspection i found some white seeds under transparent skin. Intially i thought there were small maggots around her vagina but they were still. That looked extremely weired almost made me vomit. I asked her about this. She told these seeds are painless so she does not care much about it. When I pushed her, she revealed she had already been to doctor who has prescribed few medicines. I noted down the prescribed drugs and came back, researched on the internet and found these:

Gris O D (GRISEOFULVIN 375 MG.--- TREATMENT OF DERMATOPHYTE INFECTIONS.) Clotrin (AMINOCAPROIC ACID 250MG/ML --- Acute Bleeding) Laz 500 (AZITHROMYCIN --- TREATMENT OF PROPHYLAXIS OF SUSCEPTIBLE INFECTIONS INCLUDING M . AVIUM COMPLEX ( MAC ) INFECTION; PROPHYLAXIS OF ENDOCARDITIS IN HIGH - RISK PENICILLIN - ALLERGIC PATIENTS), Al Day 10 (CETIRIZINE 10 MG. --- SYMPTOMATIC RELIEF OF ALLERGIC CONDITIONS INCLUDING RHINITIS AND CHRONIC URTICARIA)

The most scary part is that in all the above medicine, the search engine Google also generated links for HIV/AIDS care and guide. Please advise me. What disease she has? What are the tests recommended for me? Is taking the same course of medications recommended as a precautionary measures?

P.S : It has been more than a year now that I am into sex with high risk partners. 30 women so far in last one year in India. With this exposure, even a slight thought of sex makes me vomit.

Donation will be done surely.

Thank you very much. Wishing you best of health. :)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Sex with maggots? Ick! Good thing I wasn't eating lunch when I read your unappetizing question! Unfortunately, I cannot diagnose the cause of the painless "white seeds under transparent skin" you noted on your high-risk CSW! (The possibility of genital warts comes to mind.) The medications you listed would not suggest treatment for HIV disease, but rather a fungal infection, bacterial infection and allergic condition. I certainly would not recommend you take these medications "as a precautionary measure!" As for what type of tests you should have, I would recommend routine STD screening. You should mention the exposure you described in your question (maybe leaving off the "I thought they were maggots" part) to your doctor. He can check you for genital warts or other skin-related conditions.

Hopefully, your walks on the wild side have been condom-protected (latex or polyurethane)!

Be safe. Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Positive ELISA, negative Western Blot and 29 weeks Pregnant
Next
Internet diagnosed me. I hope you won't!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.