Is My Cat Gay?

Not my question. I've just that this type of post gets answered, the serious questions seem to get blown off.

I have left supraclavicular node swelling and pain, tinnitus, foggy thinking, a sweaty malaise with a strange buzzing sensation that comes on for an hour a day at 4am, lumbar spine pain to the touch, general surreal feeling with greatly diminished physical stamina that all started with GBS like symptoms 7 months ago. 6 "Doctors" rans all sorts of CBC, upper/lower endoscopy, Xray, CT and lupus testing and determined to send me to a shrink for prozac. I am really having a tough time with daily life and think that it is ARS. My early ELISA and OraSure tests were neg, but maybe too early for detection. I am afraid to see my "Dr" again for fear of being mocked again. Am I wasting my time? Or could I have something awful?

“Symptoms” are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. The only reason to worry or get tested is HIV risk. If you have placed yourself at risk for HIV you need an HIV antibody test 3 months or longer from the date of possible exposure. You state your ELISA and OraSure were negative but may have been taken too early for detection. HIV antibody tests taken prior to the 3 month mark are not considered to be conclusive consequently if your tests were taken too early you can not rely on the negative result being a definitively true negative result. Acute retroviral syndrome (ARS)can be associated with Gillian Barre syndrome (GBS). Hopefully at least one of the 6 doctors you’ve seen has performed an appropriate work-up for HIV! That your million dollar work-up to date including CBC, upper/lower endoscopy, Xray, CT, lupus testing, etc. has been unrevealing does not rule out the possibility of HIV infection if you have not had a valid HIV antibody test (taken outsider the window period).

My advice is straightforward:

1. Find a physician in whom you can confide and who is willing to work cooperatively with you. You should never fear going to your doctor and no physician should ever mock their patient!

2. Get an HIV antibody test outside the window period, if you have not already done so.

3. If no physical cause can be determined for your symptoms and HIV has been definitively ruled out by appropriate testing, an evaluation for psychosomatic illness would be warranted.

Finally, yes, as it turns out, your cat is a lesbian that enjoys other pussies. (Oops, I may get in trouble for that one!)

Good Luck,

terminology
Delayed Seroconversion? Trying to ask again.