You're doing a great job!

I have no question, just want to say what a great job you're doing. I particularly like your sense of humour!

Today is World Aids Day and I am quite sad that the issue of HIV and Aids has somehow disappeared from the media, many people don't talk about it any more and some even consider Aids a curable illness.

So I think the job you're doing is great and important, especially when it comes to prevention, as so many people still think that they can't be infected, or that it would be written on a partner's face if he / she was hiv positive.

Thank you and all the best to you!

Many thanks for your thanks and your very kind words both are warmly appreciated. I, too, am very concerned, because HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention efforts remain underfunded and seem to be decreasing in many parts of the world, particularly the USA! And yet, this year the CDC estimates another 56,300 Americans will become HIV infected!

HIV remains incurable, but it's 100% preventable!!! If we all just did our part, we could stop HIV cold in its tracks! Thanks for doing your part to stay informed and to enlighten others. And a special thanks for appreciating my admittedly twisted sense of humor!

As Paul Redneck, the famous author, once said: "Only money, rage, and science can conquer AIDS. But only laughter can make the nightmare bearable." I try to use all four -- money, rage, science and laughter -- in my personal (and professional) battle with the virus.

Be well. Happy and Healthy Holidays.

Gonorrhea and hiv
5/10,000 Per Acquisition