Testing Window

Tested negative 6 days before three months. Not sure whether to woohoo because a full three months had not elapsed. Your thoughts please? By the way, received your flyer with the musical theme in the mail this week. Cheque will be with you soon. Thanks - Aussie Bob

Hello Aussie Bob,

A negative HIV test six days shy of the three-month mark is extremely encouraging. The vast majority of HIVers will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibody in their blood four to six weeks following primary HIV infection. That said, six days early is one day shy of a whole week early, and I can't single handedly change the published guidelines' rule of three months for a definitive result. I could, however, point out that several "down under" HIV testing facilitates have concluded that a six week is definitive, using their methodology (and assuming no underlying extenuating circumstances). So, if you want an "official" WOO-HOO based on published guidelines, get a three-month HIV-antibody test. Please know the odds are astronomically in your favor that you are HIV negative.

Glad you liked our most recent foundation newsletter. Thanks for your ongoing support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. It's warmly appreciated.

Pet a koala for me, OK? As for your HIV risk, remember, I'm confident "she'll be apples."

Cheers mate.

HIV risk from mutual masturbation
Arguments in favor of abstinence (from a gay man)