HIV risk from mutual masturbation

Hi, I was with a transexual who masturbated himself. After this he was goign to proceed to masturbate me, but I insisted he get cleaned up first. He obliged, although not happily, went to the restroom and returned after about 2 minutes. He brought out a roll of paper towels, applied a lubricant on my penis and then proceeded to masturbate me. While masterbating me he rubbed the tip particularly well. I am worried sick that if she did not wash the semen of her hands properly, or worse not wash her hands at all, the virus (assuming he is HIV positive) could have crept into my circumsized penis through my urethra. Soon after the deed was done, I realized the risk and washed my urethra with mouthwash and lots of water.

I have read through the forums and have seen this question answered a number of times. What I would like to know is whether the risk is large enough for me to get on to a 28-day PEP regimen. It has only been 5 hours since the incident, so I am still in the 72 hour window. Thank you very much for your time. With all that you are doing for people like me, I feel that I must write out a check before the end of the year.

Sean

Hello Sean,

Mutual masturbation, even with a tranny, is not considered a significant risk for HIV transmission. As for worrying the virus "crept" into your urethra, please note HIV doesn't creep, hop, skip, jump or cha-cha-cha. Your concerns your partner rubbed semen into your urethra are unwarranted, based on the information provided.

As for washing your urethra with mouthwash, were you concerned that your Mr. Happy had bad breath???

PEP is categorically not indicated!

Finally, if you've seen "this question answered a number of times" in the archives, why did you ask again? Did you think I'd change my mind?

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. If you remain worried, despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative. But if it helps you put your (unwarranted) worries permanently to rest, it may be worth the effort psychologically.

Be well. Stay well.

Interrupted PEP and PCR Testing
Testing Window