SEXUAL HEALTH

I have sex and i'm hiv+. I was recieving unprotected anal and i was the receiver. my labs are very low and i am un-detectable but what are his chances that I contracted him with HIV+ if he pulled out? Isn't that harm reduction?

I see several problems here:

1. Grammar. "What are his chances that I contracted him with HIV+. . . ." I'll assume you want to know the odds that you transmitted HIV.

2. Why are you having unprotected sex? You know you are HIV infected and therefore obviously realize that you are putting your partner at risk. Why would you do that? Also, unprotected sex continues to put you at risk for other STDs (syphilis, gonorrhea, etc.) and potentially even a different strain of HIV (superinfection or reinfection).

3. Why is your partner having unprotected sex? He is playing sexual Russian roulette.

As for your specific questions:

1. The CDC's statistical estimate of risk per act for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures.

2. "Pulling out" may decrease the risk of HIV transmission from an HIV-positive top-guy having unsafe sex with a negative bottom-boy. However, in your case, there would be no harm reduction, because the top-guy is negative. Check the archives for a full discussion of harm-reduction strategies for magnetic couples.

Finally, I notice that the title of your post is "SEXUAL HEALTH." Neither you nor your partner is on the right track for "sexual health"at the present time. I suggest you (and he) change course without delay!

Scared grandma in the O.C + Donation!!! :)
Dr. Frascino, I'm begging you to answer my question