Concerned about risk/living with roommate with significant hiv risk

Dear Dr. Bob, first i just want to say the work you do on here is amazing. you really do make a difference dr. bob!! I am a college student and one of my roommates is in a couple of risk categories fro hiv (african american, gay and occasionally uses drugs but i do not believe intravenously) hes a great guy and im by no means bothered by any of his lifestyle choices. However I am worried about potentially contracted HIV. I understand that the environment poses no real risk but I did have a couple of questions. the other day I got out of the shower and glanced under my foot to my shock to see a couple drops of wet blood. I do not know if it became wet again from the shower water or if it was already still wet. i looked at my foot and did not notice any blood and being the paranoid person i am i tried to force myself to get over it and put socks on and boxers. my concerns are 1. that hiv could be present still in the blood and 2. that by pulling my boxers up my wet foot/leg i could in turn pull up some wet blood or hiv material into my crotch and potential expose myself to hiv. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!!

First off, I must point out that being African American and being gay are not lifestyle choices! Neither race or sexual orientation is a choice!

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. There is no indication that your roomie is "positively charged." Even if he was and it was fresh HIV-tainted blood you stepped in (extremely unlikely), you still would not have an HIV risk, assuming the skin on your foot was intact. Finally, pulling your boxers on over your bloody foot is not an HIV risk, as you would not be able to transfer an adequate amount of blood to potentially transmit the virus. I'd suggest you spend some time reviewing the archives of the forum to learn more about exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Good luck. Be well.

If cum get in my butt do i get HIV/AIDS??
To swallow or not to swallow