hpv... please respond

Hello Dr. Bob

Hi I recently just got through my window period 14 weeks negative. My symptoms were thrush w bms, swollen nodes, malaise, and rash which are still present. My concern is I've had hpv for about 4 years. It was always one wart kind of where my sack meets the base of my penis. But now im getting more. A few at the base and 1 or 2 at the shaft. I've never had more than 1 in the 4 years I've had the one wart. Can hiv have weakend my immune system to trigger this outbreak.

Thank you Dr. Bob

You are definitively HIV negative. Consequently, HIV has nothing to do with the progression of your genital warts. Genital warts are caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV). It is not uncommon for a single wart to suddenly spread and produce additional warts. This does not indicate a weakened immune system. I urge you to see a dermatologist and have your warts treated without delay. You can read more about HPV and its treatment in the archives of this forum.

thanks for the reply
pregnant and affraid of HIV test (WHAT YOU DONT KNOW CAN KILL YOU, 2009) ( IS IT BETTER TO GET HIV TESTED OR NOT TO KNOW, 2009)