Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hpv... please respond
Nov 30, 2009

Hello Dr. Bob

Hi I recently just got through my window period 14 weeks negative. My symptoms were thrush w bms, swollen nodes, malaise, and rash which are still present. My concern is I've had hpv for about 4 years. It was always one wart kind of where my sack meets the base of my penis. But now im getting more. A few at the base and 1 or 2 at the shaft. I've never had more than 1 in the 4 years I've had the one wart. Can hiv have weakend my immune system to trigger this outbreak.

Thank you Dr. Bob

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You are definitively HIV negative. Consequently, HIV has nothing to do with the progression of your genital warts. Genital warts are caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV). It is not uncommon for a single wart to suddenly spread and produce additional warts. This does not indicate a weakened immune system. I urge you to see a dermatologist and have your warts treated without delay. You can read more about HPV and its treatment in the archives of this forum.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
thanks for the reply
Next
pregnant and affraid of HIV test (WHAT YOU DONT KNOW CAN KILL YOU, 2009) ( IS IT BETTER TO GET HIV TESTED OR NOT TO KNOW, 2009)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.