stable flies

Hi Doc i was bitten by a stable fly yesterday. I searched the archives and found nothing on stable flies. i did find a german research paper in 2002 which concluded that hiv can be passed on from stable fly bites because the blood is not all digested and some of it is regurgitaed when it feeds again. has this been refuted at all and should i be concerned? P.S how do i make payment?

I know of absolutely no sound scientific evidence that HIV can be transmitted by any type of bug or flying insect, including stable flies. Please note we've been monitoring the modes of HIV transmission for over a quarter of a century! I see absolutely no cause for concern.

Donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be made on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org). Thank you for your interest in helping others in desperate need.

Be well. Stay well.

To med or not to med (DELTA 32 MUTATION) (WHEN TO START TREATMENT, 2009)
I had to go!