Extremely Worried and need help

Hi Dr Bob,

Let me first say having read these forums what an inspiration you are too many people. You give many people hope which is a rare commodity.

Now to my story. I had unprotected vaginal sex with a CSW for Laos in Singapore for a very brief period (sec only as I pushed her off immediately). Although considered high risk I have no way of know if she was HIV positive. Saw a doctor here in Singapore who said she was high risk from Laos and recommended PEP which I have been on for a few days. I am having nausea and dizziness so far and it is not pleasant though the doctors here think that will go after a week or two. I am extremely worried about the long term effects of taking PEP after reading horror stories on the net. I intend to stay monitored and hope I can make it through 28 days.

Do you have any idea of my risk in this encounter? She was on top and I am not circumcised. Most seem to agree if she was HIV + it is 1/1000 but I have also read articles from an Australian newspaper last year that it could be as low as 1/10 from vaginal intercourse.

I really want to stop the PEP but Its damned if you do damned if you dont type scenario..

Any advice would be appreciated...Now Im on the PEP I should continue but it is nasty to say the least and Im anxious being on it.

Many thanks and best wishes for the future.

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates the per-act statistical risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated statistical risk would be even less, as we do not know the HIV status of your gal-pal. Since your exposure was "very brief," PEP would not be recommended by many HIV specialists.

Regarding your nausea and dizziness, this certainly could be related to your PEP. (You did not mention which drugs you are taking.) If this is persisting, you should discuss your symptoms further with the HIV specialist who is monitoring your treatment. Often we can provide symptomatic relief by altering the timing of the doses, providing medications to counteract the side effects or, if need be, switching to an alternative PEP regimen.

Donated but no response yet!3rd time asking.IM BEGGING YOU PLS!
HIV AND PML