TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY! MY BIRTHDAY WISH IS...

...waking up and seeing you had replied my question.

I would be very very thankful.

my exposure is: i'm an avid gym guy, last wed i went 2 gym and do my routine workout. there's dis HIV+ guy who used the barbell b4 me. i kinda knw him and all this while i m cool with it bcoz i knw hiv doesnt transmit thru inanimate objects. but this particular barbell has rough metal grip surface, i din use glove, so my palm got pricked and scrapped. tiny specks of blood (izzit wat they call micro tear/mirco dermal abrasion?) is visible but no blood oozing out or so. i then checked with the HIV+ guy and he got the same scrapped/pricked marks on his palm.

ok, all the while i knw ppl talking bout hiv cant transmit thru inanimate objects. but dont they mean dried blood and intact skin? in my case, i use the barbell jz 15 seconds after the HIV+ guy. if his hand got the marks, his blood (which is fresh) could be transfer to d barbell then to the fresh 'wound' on my palm, since we are both holding the same metal grip.

is there any chance of transmission in this kind of scenario? is it because there must be quite an amount of blood for the transmission to happen? or the pricked/scrapped marks is simple not deep enough into the skin?

thanks doc bob

The chances of HIV transmissions via barbell and "micro-dermal abrasions" are so remote they're essentially nonexistent. If you remain worried, despite my reassurance, you can always get a three-moth HIV-antibody test. The result will undoubtedly be negative.

Happy Birthday! (Hopefully someone will buy you a pair of workout gloves as a gift!)

Extremely worried
Terrified5: HIV symptoms after Oral Sex and Fingering