A BIG thank you!

Hello there This is more of a statement than a question. I think that I say this on behalf of all the people who visit this site. I got HIV and Hep A and B, but I was told just recently that I cleared both Hepatitis after 3 days! I am very happy to say that after just 6 months ago, having a CD4 of 289 and VL of 300,000 that I am no longer on the way down and am on the way up in terms of mood, health and excitement for the future. I had to start my meds after just one year of seroconversion, which I was quite gutted about as I had heard that it can take up to 10 years to need to start on the meds. As you can imagine I was very scared when the clinic called me and told me the bad news. I started atripla 6 months ago. 3 months ago, my V/L had dropped to undetectable already but my CD4 was still in the 300's. Then just recently my household ALL got a cold/flu illness which I was certain I would get..... Nope. I'm the immunosuppressed one and I got nothing. So anyway, my CD4 is now 627 and V\L still undetectable. I want to say thank you to all of you guys and the people on here for the wealth of information which you provide. I hope that this little story will inspire others to not give up hope. Thanks for your time From London xXx

Hi London xXx,

Thanks for your very kind comments and for taking the time to write in and share your inspiring story! I'm confident it will help those who are dealing with the shock of a new HIV diagnosis or the unwelcome news that it's time to begin antiretroviral therapy. Living with HIV is not always easy, but with the help of a competent and compassionate HIV specialist and our current armamentarium of antiretroviral drugs, many, if not most, HIVers can look forward to experiences like yours.

Let's all be here for the cure and get through this together, OK?

No cure or vaccine on the distant horizon. Really? (CURE 2009) (CURE 2009)
superman