There is something in the air

Is there something wrong with antibody tests? I ask this because I saw here many people had unprotected sex with HIV positive partners and had many symptoms but also had a negative test results. A little bit interesting, do you agree?

Best regards,

Dave!

Hello Dave,

"A little bit interesting?" No, I don't agree. It's actually exactly what would be expected based on the statistical risks. Not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission (fortunately!). In fact, most don't! For example, the CDC's estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 5 per 10,000 exposures!

As for "symptoms," it's been proven over and over again that "symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. A negative HIV test outside the window period trumps "symptoms" each and every time.

Dave, I'd suggest you peruse the wealth of information on this site. It appears you have much to learn about HIV transmission and HIV testing. Check out the archives of this forum. I'm confident you'll find the information there enlightening, encouraging and, hopefully, at times, even amusing.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Post Pep Tests
please answer and how do i donate