Post Pep Tests

Have you ever heard of a post pep 6 week neg antibody test become positive at 12 weeks or a 12 week neg test become positive at 24 weeks.

Negative at 24 weeks is the only way to be conclusive as you always point out but if history shows that this is a remote occurrence then maybe these earlier negative tests can reduce the anxiety during this difficult uncertain time).

(Im sorry to ask this kind of question again but I think last question was worded wrong for the information I was looking for. You've been a great help to me Doc over this horrible period in my life and I thank you eternally for your help to me and all others. I have donated through Paypal and will do again, thanks).

Yes, I have seen a post-PEP HIV test become positive at 12 weeks (following a negative 6-week test). I have not seen a positive 24-week test if the 6- and 12-week tests were negative. However, the guidelines continue to recommend testing out to 24 weeks for a definitive and convulsive result following a course of PEP. Any negative test is considered encouraging and the farther out into the window period the more encouraging these negative tests become. Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated during this Thanksgiving season. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive 24-week post-PEP test remains negative.

Good luck. Happy Thanksgiving.

pregnanat healtcare worker purposely pricked herself w/needle and now demands i take an hiv test and is getting workers comp
There is something in the air