pregnanat healtcare worker purposely pricked herself w/needle and now demands i take an hiv test and is getting workers comp

I am HIV negative as of one year ago and am celibate so no reason to have a great fear of carrying the disease. I was recently in a "chain" weight loss center having my blood drawn and the nurse wore gloves, and everything went ok. She disappeared from the exam room and came in saying to come with her and that she accidentally stabbed herself in the thigh(i dont know how as i was there watching) and now they are asking my permission to run a series of tests with my blood. She even said"i'm pregnant and will have to get workers comp"..what?? what are my rights? I am perfectly willing to get tested with a certified facility, but now that I know or think this is a set up what do i do?I was a healthcare worker and unless laws and rights have changed in the past 5 years, i dont have to do anything. Am i right?

You are correct: You are not required by law to do anything. If you feel the situation is a "set up," advise the person in charge at the weight loss center. In case it's not a setup, you could offer to go with the nurse to a qualified medical facility where her incident could be documented and you could agree to be tested there if you so desire.

Thanks for all you do
Post Pep Tests