Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can you clear my mind and answer my qstn??
Nov 25, 2009

Hello,

I had protected vaginal sex and unprotected blowjob with prostitiute 6 months ago. I had 16 NEGATIVE test AG+ABs (MEIA and ELFA)till 175 days (25 weeks).

My Concern, 13 or 14 weeks post exposure i had Bilateral cervical nodes only 2 nodes next to each other, with no other symptoms like fever or sorethroat and painless,I had CT scan and ultrasound Both they report Presence of Bilateral cervical lymph nodes with no clinical significant ( No abnormal cervical lymphadenopathy found) Nodes less than 1 CM.

( Note : No other nodes found in the neck,armpit and groin)

My questions

I read a lot of your resposnses saying Normal and Abnormal Lymph nodes, What Do you mean by that?

And How Come Saying normal Lymph nodes While There are presence of nodes i can feel them even my Doc, and they showed in the Scan?

What Do you mean By not significant?

Please I need you Kind answere Doc !!!!!!!!!!!

Finaly , i will donate to your foundation but i cant through internet ( No cedit card), is there an acount no.

Thanks, Bob GOD BLESS YOU.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV-acquisition risk was very low. Protected sex is indeed "protected," assuming the latex or polyurethane condom was used properly and did not fail (break). Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV acquisition.

Your 16 negative (sixteen!!!???!!!) HIV antigen plus antibody tests out to 25 weeks are definitive, conclusive, highly excessive and unquestionably WOO-HOO-able! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted.

We all have lymph nodes throughout our bodies. They are part of our immune system and completely normal. They swell up and become abnormally large in response to fighting off invading germs (bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc.) Your CT scan and ultrasound showed your completely normal cervical lymph nodes. "No clinical significance" means the lymph nodes appear completely normal and not suggestive of any disease process.

Your worries are completely unwarranted.

Thank you for your interest in The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org). In addition to credit cards and PayPal, the foundation warmly accepts cash, checks, cashier's checks, direct wire transfers, gold mines, diamond fields, oil wells, etc. Donations can be mailed to:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Happy Thankschristkwanzakuh.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worried Sick Part 2! Nov 20, 2009
Next
Thanks for all you do

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.