Worried Sick Part 2! Nov 20, 2009

Thank you for getting back to me...as promised here is my donation Reference #: XXXXXXXXXXXX...Okay you called it...I should have said all the normal positions... I do have a couple follow up questions... Are you stating I have a remote chance if she is HIV+...or the fact we do not know her status...lets assume she is +...is it still remote? I have had a couple more symptoms...under my left armpit i feel really sore...i can not feel anything when I search for a node...under my jaw my neck feels like it is REALLY tight...still can not feel a node...and the last several nights I have woke up with mild clammy sweats...also noticed a small rash with pimples around it on my right calf...I put Cortaid on it and it went away the next day... I have read several times on this forum that you can not diagnose off of sysmptoms...but does this ring any alarm bells??? I continue to have fear and anxiety over this... I will take your advice and test...but 3 months is a LONG time...Must be Gods way of letting me reflect over my exposure... Do you have any stats on how many HIV tests there are a year? How many of those come back as +? How many people have these symptoms and turn out negative...is my mind playing tricks on me???

This will be my last post until the test!!! Geez...this will be a LONG Holiday season...

Thanks again for all you do...Really, THANK YOU!!!!

Even if your horizontal mattress mambo mate was positively charged, your HIV-acquisition risk is remote at best.

Your "symptoms" are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

Do I have any stats on how may HIV tests there are per year? Nope! All I can say is lots and lots! As for how many come back positive, the CDC estimates there will be 56,300 new HIV infections this year in the U.S.

How many people have symptoms and turn out to be HIV negative? That would be the difference between "lots and lots" and the 56,300 mentioned above. (In other words, the vast majority will wind up being HIV negative.)

Is your mind playing tricks on you? Yep! No doubt about it!

Thanks for your thanks and your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated during this Thanksgiving season. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test is negative. I'm very confident it indeed will be negative.

Happy Thankschristkwanzakuh.

Worried Sick! Nov 20, 2009

Hello Doc,

I need some advice...I had sex with a sex worker last wed. night (11/11). She did oral on me unprotected...had sex in every positon (no anal) I did wear a condom during sex... This is why I am freaking out... I had shaved the hair down there the day before and cut my shaft..about an 1/2 inch up from the ball sack...the day before that cut bled for several hours...not a lot...just a little bit. This cut was done exactly 31 hours before exposure... I noticed that during sex that the rubber had slipped up a bit on my shaft and that my cut was exposed...I have no idea how long that was. I AM Worried now and have been reading all I can on this forum. I have ordered a test online with the DNA PCR upgrade...I am 7.5 days from exposure and can not wait any longer... I went and talked to the girl and she stated she was clean, but she was very reluctant to anwser any of my questions...I probably scared her...do you think the test is warented? Or did I just throw my money away? Of course i have had diaherra for 2 days (starting day 4 after) Head hurts...and had chills for 4 or 5 hours lastnight...can this all be cause from worrying? Or could it be symptoms of HIV? Please help! Can you please give me the link to make a donation...

Thank you for all you do!!!

You had sex "in every position"??? I tend to doubt that. I once dated a Cirque du Soleil contortionist and in bed he could . . . . Well, never mind. I digress.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is remote at best from a 31-hour-old cut on your big bopper that was only intermittently covered with latex while you traveled the tunnel of love.

HIV DNA PCR testing has not been FDA approved for HIV diagnostic screening. The best HIV diagnostic test remains the HIV-antibody test taken outside of the window period (defined as the first three months after infection).

Your symptoms could very well result from stress. I strongly doubt they are HIV-related.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test is negative. I'm quite confident it indeed will be.

Oh please Dr Bob...
Can you clear my mind and answer my qstn??