HIV MEDICINE WITH ALCOHOL

HI DOC, I TAKE COMBIVIR MEDICINE FROM LAST 2 YEARS ON A REGULAR BASIS WITHOUT ANY MISSES OF DOSE AND ON TIME TWICE A DAY, JUST 5 TO 10 MIN VARIATION AT RARE TIME, BUT I HAVE NEVER MISSED ANY DOSES. WHEN I STARTED MEDICINE MY CD4 WAS 200 BUT STILL AFTER TWO YEARS OF TIME WITH ALL DOSES OF MEDICINE MY CD4 IS 284. IS THIS GOOD OR DO YOU FEEL THE MEDICINE IS NOT WORKING ON ME? AT TIMES I HAVE TAKEN A FEW DOSES WITH ALCOHOL DUE TO NON-AVAILABILITY OF WATER. COULD THIS BE THE REASON? PLEASE HELP ME IN DETAIL

The alcohol would not be a problem, however, taking just Combivir (AZT plus 3TC) is not considered to be an effective regimen against HIV. Are you being seen by an HIV physician specialist? If not, you should be. Whoever prescribed just Combivir for you does not understand the basic principles of effective treatment for HIV! My advice is that you get a resistance test (genotype/phenotype). There is a fairly good chance you have developed resistance to either one or both of the drugs in Combivir. You most likely will need a completely new regimen, which, hopefully, will suppress your HIV plasma viral load to undetectable levels and subsequently allow for additional immune reconstitution (increase in CD4 counts).

Post Pep Testing @ 6 weeks, 12 weeks, 24 weeks!
Doctor please answer .....I'll donate for the good reason