help me! need your clarity. I need to get back on my meds

I have been Hiv positive for 10yrs now and I am still having an hard time sticking with a regimen, the reason being is because I afraid of facial wasting. my 1st regimen was, Combivir and viracept which i now have drug resistance to Viracept, 2nd regimen Truvada, norvir and reyataz which I complained about the yellow eyes,then i started Truvada with viramune, Truvada with Lexiva, Truvada with isentress and then Truvada with Norivir and Prezista. Currently I am not taking anything.. I have an appt with my Doctor next Month and I really want to stick with a regimen but I am looking for something that won't cause facial wasting..please Help!!

Certainly fear of medication side effects/toxicities can be a factor in non-adherence to a prescribed antiretroviral regimen. However, is your fear of facial lipoatrophy (wasting) really the only reason you are not taking your meds? I tend to doubt it. As I'm sure you have been advised by your HIV physician specialist, the antiretroviral drugs primarily associated with facial lipoatrophy are the thymidine analogue drugs -- d4T (Zerit), dId (Videx) and AZT (Retrovir, Combivir, Trizivir). You haven't been on any of these drugs since your first regimen! Facial wasting can also be associated with untreated HIV disease and possibly other antiretrovirals.

My advice is that you obtain a resistance test (phenotype/genotype) to ascertain if your multiple regimens and treatment interruptions have resulted in the development of resistance to one or more antiretrovirals. You should then work closely with your HIV physician specialist to decide on a regimen you are willing to take (avoiding the thymidine analogue drugs). You've been positively charged for a decade. If you can't find a regimen that you are willing to adhere to, facial wasting may be the least of your worries.

Freaked out by kids
Thank you