I Just Donate again (Reference #: XXXXXXXXX) please last question about Vacuteiner

Doc thanks for your answer,and for all your patience to help people like me. I wish you the best for all your life. For finish this post let me ask you something else. Remember that the sleeves was was the part that contains only in the screw part litle dried blood.Its that no dangerous? Sorry but im not a medic like you so i can not understand how its posible that the blood just flows out of me and not inward when you use needles. Or what you said The needles are sheathed (covered) when they are loaded into the plastic holder 1) If any mechanism exist in this double-pointed needle that eliminated that risk? 2) i Know that The Vacutainer needle has a sharp point at both ends, and usually one parte is covered by a rubber sheath, with one end being shorter than the other. Thats why you said the needle its ( covered)? 3) Its no dangerous reuse the plastic holder? Just for sure you undestand me because mi english its so bad, the dried blood was in the screw of the plastic holder or adapter.The needle was brand new. By the way im taking paxil cr 12.5mg for anxiety control. i went to a doctor to help me with my anxiety. This medication afect the test elisa?

Please Doctor BOB My anxiety its Killing Me. When i went to take my test for my past interocuorse the nurse use a vacutainer System. As you know The Vacutainer System consists of a pointed needle, a plastic holder or adapter and a series of vacuum tubes with rubber stoppers of various . The Vacutainer needle has a sharp point at both ends, and usually is covered by a rubber sheath, with one end being shorter than the other. The Vacutainer holder is a plastic sleeve into which the phlebotomist screws the pointed Vacutainer needle.Vacutainer tubes are glass tubes sealed with a vacuum inside by rubber stoppers. The air inside the tube is negative, less than the environment. Ok this is the situation, the needle of course was NEW, the tube of course was New but the HOLDER was resuable. I saw a very small dried blood exactly on the the part that you screw the the double pointed Vacutainer needle. in theory there vas no risk because the needle is new but y need to hear your advice.

The plastic holders are indeed reusable and pose absolutely no threat of transmission of blood-borne pathogens, such as HIV or hepatitis. The way that the disposable needles are placed into the plastic holder precludes any chance of contamination. The needles are sheathed (covered) when they are loaded into the plastic holder. Your fears are completely unwarranted. If indeed your "anxiety is killing (you)", you should get treatment for that condition! Anti-anxiety medication and/or psychotherapy (counseling) can be very helpful.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation.

Be well. Stop worrying! You can not contract HIV/AIDS from getting your blood drawn!

Your fears are unwarranted and completely irrational. You cannot contract HIV from having your blood drawn with a Vacutainer. Period. I can't say it any more simply than that. There is absolutely no risk. None! Dried blood on the plastic sleeve is not a risk whatsoever! Nothing flows into you when you have blood drawn. The tubes contain negative pressure ( a vacuum) such that the blood is sucked into the tube. Nothing goes in the other direction.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. Yep, all risk is completely eliminated. Please note Vacutainer blood draws occur hundreds of thousands of times a day around the world. If there was any HIV risk, we certainly would know! Be reasonable!

2. Yes.

3. No.

Your problem is anxiety, not HIV. I'm glad you have been started on Paxil. Paxil will not affect the results of HIV tests.

Thank you for your donation. I hope you can now put these unwarranted fears to rest.

Please Read!! I'm really suffering!!
Re-May I Stop PEP (2 days early)