May I Stop PEP (2 days early)

I'm on my fourth week of PEP it makes me sick to my stomach Combivir and Keletra no one is sure if PEP will work or not. I am a Muslim and my somewhat Islamic Christmas is coming up before my last 3 doses are up. If this stuff would have worked is there any evidence that it aborts infection after day 26? I would ask my infectious disease specialist but she thinks my HIV transmission chance is negligible as is already but then why is she putting me on the drugs. Anyway she's cold and I don't like so if it's just the same to you I would prefer to ask you as you are a physician with first hand experience.

If PEP is indicated, a full course would be 28 days. Would 26 days of PEP be effective in your case? No one really can say.

You did not provide the details of your potential HIV exposure. Consequently, I cannot evaluate your level of HIV-acquisition risk. If indeed your HIV risk is negligible, PEP should not have been recommended and therefore stopping it early would not be a problem. On the other hand, if PEP really was warranted, a full 28-day course would be recommended.

Why are you seeing a physician who is "cold" and whom you don't like or apparently trust? Why not switch to one whom you trust and with whom you can work closely?

Whatever you decide (the ultimate decision whether or not to take any medication always rests with you), good luck.

POst PEP Antibody Test And Acute Symtoms
Experimenting with Masturbation (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS, 2009) (PILLOW POUNDING, PILLOW HUMPING, 2009)