Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

paranoid husband over spit in the eye (PART II) LAST POST HERE DR BOB
Nov 21, 2009

hello dr bob,

its me again spit boy from saudi arabia..thank you for your previous answer to me and to my wife...but there a mistake with my question...

the guy spit on my face with small blood and pleghm..i wiped the saliva by my finger due that there is no available tissue that time and the finger that i used to wiped the saliva thats the finger that i rubbed in my eyes...

question...

1. im still in hiv risk (Rubbed the eyes with my finger with saliva) assuming that guy is a hiv positive?

please dr bob...i just want to come back to my normal life i cant focus now with my work and my family...yoour the only one who can save me...

Hi

I have already responded to your husband's concerns. See below.

Dr. Bob

PLEASE ANSWER (TWO TIME I DONATED) I DESERVED SOME ANSWER DR BOB Nov 18, 2009

Dear Dr Bob...

Im driving a car and im smoking inside my car accidentally some saudi gay spit out saliva, white pleghm and blood directly in my face in a distance of 2meters...and a small hit my eyes and after that i paniced so i rubbed my eyes..

symptoms:

Headache for more than 3 days after two days of exposure..

Question..

1. In my case a small amount of saliva , phlegm and blood will put me in hiv risk assuming the person is hiv positive? 2. what is the amount of blood needed to put yourself in hiv risk? 3. in your expertise i need a test? 4. my risk is high risk or low risk?

please answer dr bob..

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

How did you know the guy in the other car was gay? Was there a rainbow flag flying on the antenna?

Responding to your specific concerns:

1. Your HIV-acquisition risk from this incident is so remote that it's essentially nonexistent.

2. There is no specific amount.

3. No.

4. Essentially nonexistent.

Dr. Bob

Hello,

First you thought the dude hacking up loogies was gay and now you're assuming he's "virally enhanced" as well? Saudi Arabian Guy, don't you think you're being excessively paranoid about this unappetizing incident? I certainly do.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is so remote it's essentially nonexistent. If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to shake your (unwarranted) worries, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative, but if that's what it takes for you to put these irrational fears permanently to rest, it may be worth the effort.

Dr. Bob

PLEASE ANSWER (TWO TIME I DONATED) I DESERVED SOME ANSWER DR BOB Nov 18, 2009

Dear Dr Bob...

Im driving a car and im smoking inside my car accidentally some saudi gay spit out saliva, white pleghm and blood directly in my face in a distance of 2meters...and a small hit my eyes and after that i paniced so i rubbed my eyes..

symptoms:

Headache for more than 3 days after two days of exposure..

Question..

1. In my case a small amount of saliva , phlegm and blood will put me in hiv risk assuming the person is hiv positive? 2. what is the amount of blood needed to put yourself in hiv risk? 3. in your expertise i need a test? 4. my risk is high risk or low risk?

please answer dr bob..

Hi,

How did you know the guy in the other car was gay? Was there a rainbow flag flying on the antenna?

Responding to your specific concerns:

1. Your HIV-acquisition risk from this incident is so remote that it's essentially nonexistent.

2. There is no specific amount.

3. No.

4. Essentially nonexistent.

Dr. Bob

Previous
scared of hiv infection
Next
Saliva and Anal sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.