Thank you kindly for replying Doc

I noticed the manner in which your reply was archived and it referenced "infected" in the url that was sent to me. Was it incorrectly filed? Just want to make sure that when others search out answers to questions they may have, they get the correct and appropriate replies. Heres the url that was sent to me with your reply: http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Infected/Q205166.html

I actually don't have any control over the url designation and in all honesty I doubt most folks pay attention to this. My guess is that the "infected" is referring to the chapter in the archives under which the question is filed. The full chapter title is "Am I infected?" which most likely shortens to "infected" in the url.

I know the answer...but your confirmation would be greatly appreciated Nov 18, 2009 resubmitted from aid/fatigue forum

Some questions.. Got a massage, that I knew was going to end in mutual masturbation. We didnt masterbate each other, just beside each other. I dont know his status. I realised I had a paper cut (actually put the bandaid on the wrong finger)..tender after washing but not bleeding as far as I can tell.

Anyways, we came, I washed by hands, touching his soap dispenser, tap and towel (after he finished washing up)..any risk? He was dripping some come and actually wiped it with a napkin but didnt wash his hands and then handed me a bag to put my towel in..any risk? I know...paranoid!!

I used hand sanitizer when I got to my car..but does that mean I massaged any potential risk into the cut?? it stung from the sanitizer.

and...last question... if youve never been on receiving end of anal sex...would you know the next morning (should one have been drugged/or very drunk?

I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL for making it possible for someone like me (closeted and living two lives) to have a place I can read up to date facts and poven medical advice. You are all making a huge difference to others out there like me. I had suffered from OCD for many years and because of that I have put off getting tested..Im scared, but I know I should get tested. I have never been on receiving end of anal sex, and ALWAYS have used condoms when I have been a top (5 diff guys all my life)..I have had oral sex and always have been concerned about the risk..in case I had any cuts in my mouth...ofcourse if I knew I had a cut in my mouth..I wouldnt perform oral sex..no matter how drunk I may have been. I know...long winded. I hope you understand. Thanks so much again.

Hello Closeted Guy Living a Double Life,

"I know the answer . . . ." Yep! you do. The HIV-transmission/acquisitor risk from mutual masturbation (with or without the paper cut) is nonexistent. Likewise, for the other activities you mention: touching various bathroom surfaces, being handed your bag, etc. No risk!

"I know . . . Paranoid!!" I won't disagree!

As for being on the receiving "end" of anal sex, yes, most likely you would notice if someone had entered your backdoor!

Finally, regarding your OCD and frightened existence in the closet, I'd suggest you seek the help of a psychologist or psychiatrist. Counseling and or medications could help you control your OCD. In addition, discussion of sexual orientation issues and your closeted existence may help you come out. Coming out is never easy, but it's always the right thing to do. It's a critical step on the way not only to your psychological and emotional well-being, but also to your "happily ever after!"

As Glinda the Good Witch form the Wizard of Oz sings to the hiding scared munchkins: "Come out, come out, wherever you are . . . ." You'll be glad you did.

BF on anti hiv drugs I am not
4th generation ELISA and WB