paranoid husband over spit in the eye.,.,

hi dr. bob please i needed your help badly,my husband has been paranoid over this pass couple of days now and i wanted to help him.,here is the situation we are driving along the road of Saudi Arabia with open windows apparently before stoping for the stop light a men from the other car had spit on the side without noticing that we are coming in the way,now the spit has hit my husband eyes and face by accident then he rubbed his eyes with his hands without noticing if there a blood or phlegm on it.we dont know the man so now he is scared.

Here is my question.

1. If the spit has a blood or a phlegm on it what are the chances of transmitting HIV? 2. How much amount of blood needed to transmit HIV through the eye since this is a mucus membrane? 3. Does phlegm can transmit HIV also? 4. if the man is HIv+ and his saliva with or without blood goes to the eyes what are the chances of getting HIV? 5. He has sweat hands by driving would it transmit HIV since he rubbed his eyes with his hands. 6. Do he still need to test for 3 months mark? 7. And lastly please attached some same stories regarding spit in the eye so we could learn more about this situation.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE DR. BOB.

PLEASE ANSWER ALL MY QUESTION SO I COULD HELP HIM RELAX AND STOP BEING PARANOID ABOUT THIS MATTER.

Hi

I have already responded to your husband's concerns. See below.

PLEASE ANSWER (TWO TIME I DONATED) I DESERVED SOME ANSWER DR BOB Nov 18, 2009

Dear Dr Bob...

Im driving a car and im smoking inside my car accidentally some saudi gay spit out saliva, white pleghm and blood directly in my face in a distance of 2meters...and a small hit my eyes and after that i paniced so i rubbed my eyes..

symptoms:

Headache for more than 3 days after two days of exposure..

Question..

1. In my case a small amount of saliva , phlegm and blood will put me in hiv risk assuming the person is hiv positive? 2. what is the amount of blood needed to put yourself in hiv risk? 3. in your expertise i need a test? 4. my risk is high risk or low risk?

please answer dr bob..

How did you know the guy in the other car was gay? Was there a rainbow flag flying on the antenna?

Responding to your specific concerns:

1. Your HIV-acquisition risk from this incident is so remote that it's essentially nonexistent.

2. There is no specific amount.

3. No.

4. Essentially nonexistent.

PLEASE ANSWER (TWO TIME I DONATED) I DESERVED SOME ANSWER DR BOB
worried sick about HIV risk and symptoms