Donation of Organ

Hi Dr. Bob, Before becoming infected, I held a donor card. Clearly, my organs would not be used, if I died now in an HIV negative person. Would it be possible for my organs to be donated, if I died to someone who is Poz?

HIVers can be organ donors in some locales. Illinois was the first state to allow HIV-positive folks to register as organ donors (for other HIVers needing organs). Talk to your HIV specialist physician. He or she can advise you regarding local laws and regulations. Sometimes organs can also be donated for scientific research if they are unsuitable for transplant purposes.

benefits of knowing (pick me) (WHAT YOU DONT KNOW CAN KILL YOU, 2009) ( IS IT BETTER TO GET HIV TESTED OR NOT TO KNOW, 2009)
Am I HIV infected ?