Inconclusive

Hi there my daughter is 17 and pregnant she had a HIV test back in June that was negative and then they did one again in October when she became Pregnant it came back indetermined or inconclusive. They are now sending us to a specialist for more testing I am so scared and confused. I have read about the other pregnant women and yet still not feeling any ease what do you think about this. Where do we go from here.

Your daughter got pregnant. Consequently, she was having unprotected sex. This does put her at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Her indeterminate HIV test could be due to nonspecific cross-reacting antibodies arising from her pregnancy. Alternatively, it could be that she is in the midst of seroconverting from HIV negative to HIV positive. The HIV specialist physician should be able to quickly sort this out for you. In the meantime, I'd suggest you read through the information in the chapter on pregnancy in the archives of this forum.

Good luck to both you and your daughter.

City Council Woman - Scared - Will Donate and Support - Please Help!
extenuating circumstances