A question on different countries guidelines

Hi Doc,

I had a non-occupational exposure and undertook a pep course and next week im in for my 3 months HIV test. I live in England UK and the clinic who treated me insructed that the 3 month test would be conclusive. So as you've guessed i took a little peek on the internet (spent hours if not days looking) and have found different countries have different guidelines. So my question is, do I just stick to my clinics guidelines or should I point out to them these differences and demand retests at later dates? Is that the UK tests are better than 'some' other countries with stricter guidelines and I should listen to what they advise?

For HIV exposures significant enough to warrant a course of PEP, I would stick with the current CDC guidelines and get post-PEP HIV-antibody tests at six weeks, three months and six months.

PLEASE BLOCK THE DESPERATE DONATOR...
Oral sex transmission