Lamb Skin Condoms Follow up

Hi, Doctor Bob

Thank you for your response on my previous question, So I finally gather the courage to go see my doctor, I had the HIV test done on 10/26 and I finally got the results back today.. they came back NON-REACTIVE. Although I still don't understand what kind of test he gave me.. the name of the HIV test on the results say

IMMUNOLOGY HIV 1 & 2 AB NON-REACTIVE CHEMILUMINECENCE

I'm happy for these results although I am still concern on whether my doctor ordered the right test for me (they do not say ELLISA) should I take this results/test as conclusive? (just to remind you the possible exposure happened on July the 3rd of this year) or should I ask him for the ELLISA test?..... also, I am considering seeing a psychotherapy for my bi-sexuality it's something I've been struggling with since my childhood I just can't gather the strength and courage to tell my wife for fear of rejection and reticule. Thanks for the wonders you do here.. you are a compassionate person..

PS I have and will continue to donate to your cause. Thank you.

WOO-HOO! Your non-reactive HIV-1 and HIV-2 chemiluminescence test is conclusive, definitive, WOO-HOO-able and comparable to a negative ELISA test. (See below.)

I would encourage you to pursue psychotherapy for your sexual orientation issues. Your therapist will help you level with your wife, possibly through couples counseling. Coming out is never easy, but it is always the right thing to do.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob, Does Chemiluminescence two months' result conclusive Aug 27, 2009

Respectful Dr. Bob,

I am the one who has asked you this question about "fingering a HIV+ woman with 3 hours' new wound on finger". I couldn't kill my anxiety and went for a test at 2 months time and got neg. and the doc told me the test method is Chemiluminescence which i could not find relevant info. on this website. I would really appreciate you very much if you could assue me how conclusive is this 2 months result neg with Chemiluminescence. And what is Chemiluminescence then?

You couldn't find relevant information about chemiluminescence HIV tests on this Web site??? Really? I certainly didn't have any trouble locating the requested information. Just type "chemiluminescence" into the search box and hit go! See below for a sample of what's available in the archives.

Regarding your second question about a conclusive test, no, a two-month result is not considered definitive and conclusive. You'll need to wait until the three-month mark for that.

crazy sister Jun 20, 2008

Hello Dr. Bob thanks a lot for taking the time to answer and let me give you my and my sisters congratulations for your labor. My sis yesterday was very excited because she recived a letter of your foundation because of a donation she made she was nuts you should seen her lol. she thought you were gonna e-mail her so she was thinking in the past they forgot about me, I think thats the reason she was so exciting and crazy. She didnt speak very well English so she use a traductor to know what was about. I have a simple question the method of quimioluminiscencia is approved by the fda? Is not an elisa test but this one looks for hiv antibodys too. I will really appreciate if you could answer my question, have a great day and and thanks again for your time a very big hug from me and my crazy sister Alberto (bleeding balls)

Hi Alberto,

Yes, chemiluminescence is an FDA-approved testing method and equivalent to immunofluorescence assays (IFA). Chemiluminescence is actually the name of a method of testing (like ELISA or Western Blot, etc.). It can certainly be used to detect anti-HIV antibodies. It is not the trade name of a test, but rather merely a testing method. The FDA usually approves tests by trade names, rather than just method.

Major cyber hugs to both you and your sister.

hey dr.Bob,
PLEASE BLOCK THE DESPERATE DONATOR...