Positve HIV.Negative Western Blot. HIV RNA undetectabe
Nov 13, 2009
Hi! Please help! I'm 13 weeks pregnant and my HIV Test came back positive and western blot negative. Later I got a HIV RNA test and it came back "Undetectable" what does that mean?
Response from Dr. Frascino
It means you are definitively and conclusively HIV negative. Your initial HIV screening test was a "false positive" most likely related to nonspecific cross-reacting antibodies induced by your pregnancy. Your follow-up more specific and accurate HIV testing definitively proves you are indeed HIV negative. Review the information in the archives of this forum. You'll find many other women have had similar experiences. We have an entire chapter devoted to pregnancy.
Check it out!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- My Vagina Hurts And Has A Strange Smell Could It Be A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.