|Just found out I am pregant! Need help + $50 donation!!
Nov 13, 2009
I had went out with my gay friends to a club about 1 1/2 years ago, this guy that was dancing next to me was rumored to be HIV+. He swung his hand up and accidentally hit my lip and busted it pretty bad. I was bleeding inside my mouth, and my inner lip was bruised and swollen. Now I just recently found out I was pregnant via home pregnancy kit. I worry that this guy cut his hand at the same time he hit my lip and what if blood was exchanged???
I took about 4 rapid oraquick advance tests 1 1/2 years after incident, then 2 oraquick finger prick test, as well as DNA by PCR test by some company that took my info over the phone and sent me to Labcorp, then I had to call in for my results. ALL were negative! Am I in the clear?
* ALSO, the company that I called and gave my credit card info, then went to the lab to draw blood had my tests ready in about 5 days. I didn't pick up the results from the lab, I called the company and they told me my results over the phone, then I asked for them to email my results. They did and the paperwork said negative. Is this company valid? My blood work was LABCORP, but is it unusual to get results from the company not labcorp? It is www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com I will add an additional $25 to my paypal donation. I worry because I know I have to get blood taken when I go to the dr.'s because of my recent pregnancy.
I will be sending my donation of $75 for any assistance you can give me! Thank you!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Your HIV-acquisition risk from getting slugged by the dancing dude with the flailing arms is essentially nonexistent. Your four rapid OraQuick Advance tests 1.5 years after the incident are definitive and conclusive. The subsequent two OraQuick finger prick tests and the qualitative HIV DNA PCR test performed at LabCorp merely corroborated what we already knew: You are HIV negative! Not only are you "in the clear," but your HIV testing was highly excessive. (The Internet company looks legit to me and LabCorp is well respected.)
I see absolutely no reason for you to be worried whatsoever concerning your pregnancy or upcoming lab work.
Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.
Be well. Stay well. (Yes indeed you are well!)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Over The Counter Medication Can Help Get Rid Of Shingles?
- What Is The Percentage For Positive Herpes Simplex Type 1?
- What Is The Meaning Of Chlamydia Igg?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- What Causes False Positive For Syphilis Testing?
- Symptoms Of Herpes On The Lips
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.